ENERGIESTRO enters the Top Ten Innovators de Shell LiveWIRE !
Thank you to everyone who voted for us.
The ecological and sustainable energy storage
ENERGIESTRO is a French startup company, supported
by BPI France and Région Centre, winner of :
– 2014: the Innovation 2030 contest Concours Mondial d’Innovation 2030
– 2015: EDF PULSE contest
– 2016: Seal of Excellence of the European Commision
– 2018: Shell liveWire
ENERGIESTRO has been developing the technology of FLYWHEEL ENERGY STORAGE for several years, with the aim of reducing the high cost of battery energy storage, in order to increase the adoption of renewable energies.
ENERGIESTRO invented a flywheel made of prestressed concrete that will enable to reduce the high cost of energy storage (in comparison with batteries).
Targeted APPLICATIONS are:
– storage and smoothing of intermittent renewable energies;
– power supply to remote sites: telecommunications antennas, housing…
– rural electrification in developing countries;
The ENERGIESTRO flywheel is the ideal storage for large solar power plants in desert areas.